Saturday December 15

Today we successfully drove to town and located a site close to the mouth of the river. We used google maps to get as close as we could to the mouth. It was very interesting driving a little car with no power on gravel road. There was a few times we thought we would have to get out and push. We got to the end of the road and realized it ended on a farm. We almost didn't go any further. We did find the land owner and he pointed us in the direction of a trail that lead to the river. I led the way down the trail. It was obvious that cattle used the trail. About half way down, we ran into mud. I almost lost my boots. I sunk all the way to the top of rubber boots. I luckily pulled myself out. We reached the river and it was obviously very different than any other site. The water was faster, wider, and very much more cloudy. I did notice that the sand and pebbles where only hard rocks, unlike in the upper reach where we found abundant clay rocks that were easily crumbled. We did observe to sites, they were definitely very different even though they are the same river. The best part of the day, we at pizza in town. Then we get back to the station, and they served pizza for dinner. Today was a good day. To be continued....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday December 10, 2018

Travel HOME

Sunday December 9,2018